Sunday, June 5, 2011

The First Pictures of Tessa




I've never shared all the pictures of Tessa. I'm not really sure why, I've just felt kinda like I wanted to keep a little part of her just for us. In any case, I decided it's time to share them. Mostly because I feel like our families and friends are so excited for us, and are so supportive, and I know they want to see more of her too!

The first two are the ones that were on our agency's site; they are the first pictures I ever saw of her. And let me tell you, I was drawn to that face. There was her, and a little boy. I wanted to bring them both home immediately. I'm happy to say that little boy's forever family found him too. That makes me SO happy.

The day after we requested Tessa's file, a blogger that often advocates for orphans, blogged about our girl. My heart SANK. I immediately emailed our coordinator, to verify that her file was indeed completely locked for our family for the 72 hours. Then I could breathe. And I was happy that the blogger was advocating for her; she obviously saw something in her sweet face as well! Well, you all know how it ended up, but the point to that story is the the lady blogging/advocating for Tessa used the pictures in the green jacket. I had never seen those pictures before. And I just love them, and how squeezable her cheeks are. After we send our dossier to China, we plan to send a care package. Hopefully we will get some updated pictures when we do that:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment