Monday, August 22, 2011

NEW PICTURES!!!


Oh baby girl, those eyes. I can't wait to see them sparkle.
Those pouty lips. I can't wait to see them smiling, no GRINNING. I dream of her smile.
Someone please HUG my baby girl. It looks like she's kinda sitting on this ladies lap. I wonder if it's her foster Mom?

I have been waiting so impatiently for new pictures of our girl. I've checked my email obsessively a million times a day. As we were checking in to our hotel last Friday, I got an email (THE email) from Angela of Lady bugs n love. That one little email blew my plans of a nap up into a million pieces. There was NO napping--- I was so excited. I've stared at these three pictures and analyzed every single detail. All I can say is, I'm so ready to get on a plane. We need to get this child home. She needs a Mommy and Daddy. And some good nutrition, lots of love, and a great big family to spoil her rotten. She is so teeny. Even smaller than Drake which I didn't think possible.

Today is exactly 30 days we've been waiting on our LOA. Average wait is around 60 days. Some people get it sooner, which is obviously what I'm hoping for. I need this child home before Christmas and her birthday. Eric and I've been talking a lot about travel plans. We've always assumed we'd both go for the whole two weeks. Until my friend Caroline went alone, and my friend Tammy's husband went for just one week. Eric has two concerns, both which are valid. He doesn't want us to leave the boys for two weeks. I get that, I think it would be awesome if they could only be without us for one week. His other concern is that he owns and runs his own business. He's worked his butt off for 4 years now, and it's really successful. He really doesn't want to be on the other side of the world, and cut off except for email. I get that too. No decision making coming any time soon. We'll leave travel plans for when we need to make them, which is only 2 weeks before we leave. I would be totally fine going alone for the first week. But I have to say it would be nice to have him there for the second week and the flight home:-)

2 comments:

  1. Nikki:

    She is precious! I am praying for you! Mike went the first week and left the day we headed south to guangzhou. The adoption is final in the province so if Eric is there you will not need a POA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so precious! I have no doubt you guys will get her loved up and fed very well when she gets here!

    ReplyDelete