Saturday, August 13, 2011

Tessa's Care Package

I had so much fun getting a care package together for Tessa. It was a fine line between sending her stuff she might like/need, and not going overboard. We likely won't get any of it back when we go and get her, which is totally fine. I'd love them to pass it along to another needy orphan.

Cute summer outfit and hat. With layers of course, b/c their culture layers on the clothes.
A super soft lovie.
A toy. I really wanted to send a doll, but was overwhelmed with the choices.
A fuzzy soft blankie. I hope she's cuddling with it.
Yes, I sent some bows and chapstick. Of course.
We sent her this lotion, and we'll have it on when we get her in China. I've read on message boards that one thing that is so strange about us as Westerns is our smell, so I've heard wearing a smell she's familiar with can facilitate attachment.
Tessa's photo album. We put her pic on front so it won't get confused with other children's. I really hope they go ahead and give it to her so she can get used to our faces.

A page of our album. I forgot to take a pic of our other pages when I finished it.

No comments:

Post a Comment