Saturday, March 26, 2011

Big News:-)

BIG news to share!

I know that you are waiting to hear all about our Disney trip, and I promise to blog about it soon! However, right now I wanted to blog about bigger and more important things. Or rather, people. Actually, a person. A recent post included my desire to add to our family via adoption. At that time, God was working in my family's life in many ways. Eric and I really needed to be on the same page before we moved forward with starting the adoption process.

A few weeks ago, a sweet little face was calling to me. I asked Eric if we could ask to review her file, and then have a doctor (specializing in international adoption) review it as well. To my surprise, he said "Yes". And not just a simple yes. This was a real yes, with a big smile. I guess her sweet little face was calling to him as well. Long story made very short, we went over her file with a doctor, and did lots of soul searching for where our family is headed. In the end, we decided that this beautiful little one is definitely the newest member of our family! We are so happy, excited, and proud, to introduce you to........

Tessa!!!



Tessa is waiting for us in Hunan, China, and she is Drake's age. Literally, Drake's age. Their birthdays are one day apart. Eric and I received our preapproval from China just a few days ago. We started our homestudy before we left for Disney, and we have two more meetings with our social worker to complete that. We have six months to complete our dossier and get it to China, but I'm aiming for five months! I can't wait to have our sweet Tessa in my arms.

So, our prayer requests are as follows:
1. Tessa is safe, and someone is loving on her.
2. The paperchase goes as smoothly as possible.
3. The anxieties of have three wild toddlers turn into a sense of peace, of having three sweet toddlers to love on.

No comments:

Post a Comment