Saturday, March 26, 2011

Update:-)


We have our last homestudy visit this week, with our social worker. I will give her the last of our papers required for that, and I'm hoping to get the homestudy back on next Monday. It will go straight to BAAS (our adoption agency that is FABULOUS) via overnight UPS. BAAS stands for Bay Area Adoption Services. So, how did we end up with an agency in California? Well, two of my friends at work are adopting right now, and are using this agency. I've heard great things, so we decided to use them as well.

Anyways, it takes about two weeks for our agency to review the homestudy, then we can send in something called an I800A. This goes to US Immigration (USCIS), and they approve us to bring a foreign child into the country. That part is about a two month wait right now, so I'm really hoping it speeds up. I want my girl home before Christmas, so even DAYS matter!!! So, I'm praying for a quick homestudy approval by our agency, and a quick USCIS approval! Their average is 45-60 days, and I'm hoping for 40. Nothing wrong with hoping and praying! Once our I800A is approved, we can send our dossier to China. Once that is in, it's about 4.5 months to travel.

So, this week's prayer requests related to our sweet Tessa:
1. She is safe, loved, fed, and warm.
2. The USCIS wait is closer to 30 days, than the 45-60.
3. St. Thomas quickly sends our marriage certificate.

No comments:

Post a Comment