Monday, March 28, 2011

Where we are...

Still waiting for an update about where Tessa is, orphanage or foster home. We are praying she is in her foster home!

Still waiting to hear if we can expedite any part of this super long process.

I have my SC birth certificate sent to the SC secretary of state for authentication. We should have Eric's birth certificate by the end of the week, then I can send it to the NY sec of state.

I have my employment verification letter, and it's notorized!
We have two criminal background checks.
Two medical reports.
One marriage license on the way from St. Thomas. Of course, it has to be sent right back to St.Thomas, for the Lt. Governor to authenticate the certification. (I can't make this stuff up people. No, they couldn't do it all at once.)
Our application letter printed and ready to be notorized.

Our homestudy is done, and we should have the rough draft emailed to us about Wednesday. We hope to have a hard copy by early next week, and have it overnighted to our agency in California. They take two weeks to review it.

Once I get the official, notorized, approved homestudy back, I send it to the US Citizenship and Immigration along with our I800a application, and a few other things. And then, I wait. And wait. Approximately 45-60 days. Not a happy Momma about that one, I have to admit.

So, in the midst of the paperwork, there are bits of fun. Like thinking about her room. I can't wait to decorate a little girly room! The boys are moving in together, in what is now Eli's room. It's the bigger of the two, and it has two closets. Perfect!

Drake's room gets primed, painted, and decorated, and I can't wait!!!!!!!! I particularly can't wait until it's occupied by our sweet girl! I have no idea what I'll do with it yet. I do have some cute ideas for the boy's room.

I don't have a whole lot to say on this blog right now, since it's so early in the process. I do enjoy coming here to celebrate our paperwork achievements! And of course, if we get any updates on our sweet girl, you can read all about it here.


No comments:

Post a Comment