Sunday, April 3, 2011

New week, new wait....

FINALLY, on last Friday, our homestudy document was completed. We were waiting on one stupid piece of paper, and finally got it Thursday night late. I emailed it Friday morning before 7am, and our homestudy agency was done by 11am! Bless their souls for being speedy!

Now, we wait for our adoption agency to approve the homestudy. They have to go through it carefully, to make sure all the appropriate pieces are there. This takes two weeks. Two painful, slow weeks. Patience is not a virtue I have a lot of. I guess I'm learning!

Once they approve it, we send in our application to the USCIS. (United States Citizenship and Immigration Service). I have that pretty much ready, and hope to finalize that on Tuesday, when I'm off. So the day they tell me I'm approved with the homestudy, that application is being overnighted!!! That's when the 45-60 day wait happens. Some folks have been seeing less of a wait lately, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up. It's hard not to.

As far as the other parts of the dossier compilation, things are moving along. My SC birth certificate is back from being authenticated, and is ready for DC! Woo hoo.....it's the first thing ready to make the big trip to DC for the US Sec of State and the Chinese Consulate. Eric's birth certificate is on it's way to the NY capital for it's authentication. And our big pile for NC is growing, I hope to send it next week:-)

Still waiting for any news on our girl....
Still waiting to hear if we can expedite any part of this....
Still waiting...

We are coming Tessa!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment