Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Changsha Day 3


It's 6am Thursday morning, and Tessa is sleeping away. She took a three hour nap yesterday, and it was 11pm before she fell asleep last night. On the paperwork they gave us and our guide translated, it gives her daily schedule- and says she goes to bed at 10:30pm. I hope that when we come home and flip her days and nights, we can move that bedtime up!

We went to the Provincial Museum yesterday. It was cold and raining, , but nice to get out of this hotel for a bit. Unfortunately we were only there about an hour. Locals were taking pics of me and Tessa, which I found cute.

We had lunch at the hotel, and saw some of the "real" Tessa. After she'd eaten a TON, we took her plate from her. She was not happy and started to whine and cry. Watching her with food is super sad for us, knowing her behaviors stem from lack of food her first three years.

A three hour nap fixed her mood, and we played in the hotel last night. I hope to get some videos emailed home soon so someone can try and post them for me.


Couldn't use flash in museum, so pics were awful. I finally put camera away
Coloring in the room. She loves coloring and stickers.
Mommy and Tessa in front of the Christmas tree in our hotel lobby.
Another tree. Another grumpy camera face.
This is a picture of Changsha. I assure you the sky doesn't look like that now. So rainy and yucky. 6.8 million people here.


She still hates the camera, but I've gotten sneakier and faster, to get that smile we love!
She loves the slide in the playroom.


We do laps around the halls on the bike. Her feet don't reach the pedals, but she loves to ride.
We are going to visit Tessa's orphanage and finding spot today. She was found at around ten days old at the gates to the orphanage. I'm sure it will be an extremely emotional visit. Afterwards, we are going to the Embroidery Museum. Changsha is famous for that.



1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness Nikki. Tessa is so beautiful and her smiles :))). I can hear her giggles. I love the bike picture :))). I'm curious if she speaks alot and how it will be to work on english :)

    ReplyDelete