Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Week 2

The internet continues to suck here. But we'll be in Hong Kong soon, so maybe I can upload some pics there. We are only there 1 day really, so I'm not sure if that will happen.
So, let's see where we left off. I don't even know! Saturday was our medical appointment and a long nap for Tessa. Sunday we went to the safari park, which was awesome. I know I still owe you all pictures of that! That pretty much took all day. Monday morning we took our time getting ready, and then walked over to Shamian Island for some wandering around and shopping. We found Lucy's, ate a burger, and then found the playground. Tessa went up the stairs and down the slide approximately a million times. We met our guide and the other family at the health clinic at 2:40pm to get the kids TB tests read, and then headed to Six Banyan Temple. This is a practicing Buddhist temple, and monks even live there. It was really interesting to see just how different others believe. This morning (EARLY) we met our guide, swung by the other family's hotel, and we to the American Consulate. Eric and I took the oath that simply says the info we submitted is true, and they compared Tessa's pic to some paperwork. Her passport with new visa will be ready tomorrow afternoon. We are meeting our guide at 2:30 to check out, go pick up the papers, and catch the 5pm train to Hong Kong. We stay there Wednesday and Thursday nights. During the day Thursday, we are going to visit Victoria's Peak. Friday morning we head to the airport really early, around 7am for an 11am flight. We get into Chicago at 11:05am. (Yes, we wish it were only a five minute flight- but there is the whole time change deal!) We arrive in Charlotte 7pm Friday night, and are SO, SO excited to hug our boys. I miss those sweet faces, and can't wait to FINALLY have all three of my kids in my arms!!!!
Nikki

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see you home with Tessa and the boys!
    Xoxo, kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darn I wish I was in chicago right now I would pop into the airport to see you guys!

    ReplyDelete